Sunday, February 9, 2014

No Sunday Meetings Today

The weather here in West Richland has been cold, stormy and snowing. There was about six inches of snow overnight. The roads were covered and the city is not equipped to help dig anyone out or send out snow plows. Most of the time the schools shut down, and open up again when the snow is under control. I woke up and felt guilty for thinking to stay home and rest to take care of a cold that I had been fighting the last few days. I didn't want to expose anyone else at church in case it was contagious. I think I got it from a visit midweek with the Spanish speaking sisters to an investigator family.

What a surprised to get a call to inform us that Church services were canceled in the whole Stake and others in the Tri-cities. What to do? We managed and had a very good day.

We enjoyed watching a Worship Service of a sacrament meeting that is on each week on TV. It is called KYUtv! It is such a great asset for those who like good, clean entertainment. Their programing is positive and family oriented. We really enjoy them and catch a lot of reviews of Conference and rebroadcast devotionals. We had a good day watching programs that were uplifting and entertaining. The Spoken Word, Story Trek, The Walton's,(INSP) Studio C, etc.

We had a simple dinner of Salmon, green beans and winter squash saved from the garden. We made the best of it and kept the Sabbath relaxing and no pressure to be anywhere. I stayed in my pajamas. This is only the third time ever that church was canceled due to the snow in the four decades that I know. Twice in Utah, and once here.

No comments:

Post a Comment