The TIMES OF OUR LIFE--"Good Morning, yesterday. You wake up and time has slipped away. And suddenly it's hard to find the Memories you left behind. Remember, do you remember? . . . . Gather moments while you may, Collect the dreams you dream today, Remember . . . will you remember . . the times of your life?"
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Feliz Cumpleanos, Papa!!
It isn't very often that I have dreams about my father, Carlos, aka Grandpa Carlos.
I was observing his work and the workmanship that he was doing teaching other people to know what he knew and his art. The interesting things is that I only saw the results of his work, and not really see him, but it was all about him and his work in a shop setting, the tools, machinery, and his inventions! His students spoke highly of him and praised him and knew he was my father.
It felt good and so real, it filled a need for me to feel his qualities and love for his work. I miss him and Mama. I know they are together busily helping and watching over us, their family; what a blessing.
Happy Birthday Daddy. He would have been 93 years old today!
Here are some words of comfort I found that fill that space that my parents used to have. I know that through our Savior, Jesus Christ, we too will live again.
Remember as you attended the funeral of your loved one the feelings in your heart as you drove away from the cemetery and looked back to see that solitary casket—wondering if your heart would break.
I testify that because of Him, even our Savior, Jesus Christ, those feelings of sorrow, loneliness, and despair will one day be swallowed up in a fulness of joy. I testify that we can depend on Him and when He said:
“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
“Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.”5
I testify that, as stated in Preach My Gospel, “as we rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, He can help us endure our trials, sicknesses, and pain. We can be filled with joy, peace, and consolation. All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”6
I testify that on that bright, glorious morning of the First Resurrection, your loved ones and mine will come forth from the grave as promised by the Lord Himself and we will have a fulness of joy. Because He lives, they and we shall live also
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment